This week was my relax, revitalize and reset time to look at the next year and reflect on what my summer has in store! Last summer, I worked hard, paid off my car and started saving for this year because I had big dreams and big plans of going somewhere and making a difference! After experiencing a life-changing internship in Greece for 7 weeks, I have had major wanderlust and wanted another experience, this time, doing a job that was centred around my passion.
When I heard I could do an internship course in Kinesiology, I thought it would be the best opportunity to travel and do something I love! So I started my search in September for internships that were in the field of health and wellness. I found a few, but none that really spoke to me. I clearly was not using Google properly (find the right key words and you are golden!)
I found an internship in Panama that looked promising in the field of Health and Wellness Promotion. I applied and got accepted, however, it was out of my price range and wasn’t truly what I was looking for. I prayed and concluded that God wanted me to go somewhere else, so I kept searching.
One night when I was brain dead from studying, I started browsing the web. I knew in my heart that there was only one place I wanted to be and that I knew would heal and grow me – and that place was Hawaii. I stumbled upon this magical place and knew it was where I belonged.
It is called the Hawaiian Sanctuary and they have volunteer internships with different tracks – yoga, horniculture, guest services, and cooking their amazing sustainable and organic foods. I have been looking to deepen my practice in yoga and meditation, as well as learn in the kitchen as that is also a large part of the yoga track.
When I had my 45 minute interview and was basically told you are accepted at the end of it – I was giddy and exploding with excitement!!! I am so grateful to be able to share my passions, working for a nonprofit self-sustaining sanctuary on a beautiful and healing island!
I would so appreciate your support financially and with much love!
I wanted to share my story to INSPIRE and MOTIVATE you. Here are some questions to ask yourself about your upcoming year and goals to reflect on this week:
- Travel: Where do you see yourself a year from now? What place is calling you?! What steps do you plan on taking to get there?
- Self-care: How do you plan on enhancing your well-being this year? What activities will you engage in to stay moving, glowing and alive?
- Relationships: How are you building sustainable communities around you this year? How are you planning on meeting new people and going out of your way to make people feel special?
- Personal Development: How do you plan on being bold this year? How do you plan on growing and stepping out of your comfort zone?
- Spirituality: How will you become more connected to your purpose this year? What are you passionate about and how are you going to use your gifts and talents to fulfill your mission?
I would love to hear your answers to these questions! Please share and comment below!
How do you plan on finding your Hawaii? Living out your dreams is possible with a little searching, persistence, effort and positivity! I challenge you to make this your best year yet by loving, growing, serving, teaching and discovering!
Peace & Love,
Jill – your veggie villager xx